Saturday, May 9, 2009

Twenty-Two Tiny Pieces of Me

Please forgive the self indulgence. Noble Savage tagged me with this questionnaire so here it is.

1. What are your current obsessions?
Chocolate and prune brownies, blogging, finding the perfect summer hat for Cave Baby.

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Rather boringly, jeans. Happily in ever decreasing sizes as breastfeeding strips me of my pregnancy weight. I am in my old favourite Gap jeans again. Woohoo!

3. Last dream you had?
Can't remember. But I do recall the first time I dreamt after Cave Baby was born (weeks after). There was an enormous sense of relief that I had finally managed to sleep deeply enough that I had had a proper dream.

4. Last thing you bought?
Finger paints for Cave Baby to make hand and foot prints. I am trying to quieten the part of me that is already stressing about the mess.

5. What are you listening to?
A humming baby monitor.

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?
Venus.

7. Favourite holiday spots?
Andalucia. Sun, sherry, tapas, breakfast in the sun at noon, homely hostals.

8. Reading right now?
Why Love Matters by Sue Gerhardt and The Womanly Art of Breatfeeding.

9. Four words to describe yourself.
Friendly, quiet, idealistic, realistic.

10. Guilty pleasure?
Sherry.

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
Being tickled.

12. Favourite spring thing to do?
Walk through swathes of daffodils.

13. When you die, what would you like people to say about you at your funeral?
“At least she tried everything."

14. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
Marks and Spencer's stromboli with pesto and cheese on top.

15. When did you last go for a night out?
August 2008. Oh dear.

16. Favourite ever film?
Film is not a medium that I am particularly keen on. If the film turns out to be rubbish then I resent giving two hours of my life to it. I do like Labyrinth though. The David Bowie bits.

17. Care to share some wisdom?
On their deathbed, nobody wishes they had spent more time at work.

18. Song you can’t get out of your head?
So many tumbling around in there - "Teddy Plays on the Swing", "It's Nappy Time" (my own twist on Band Aid).

19. Thing you are looking forward to?
Sun, good food and time with Cave Father on our holiday in France next month.

20. Favourite vegetable?
This winter we have been really enjoying leeks: chopped, sweated in a little butter over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, with the lid on to keep moisture in. Utterly delicious.

21. What is your most irrational fear?
Injections and having blood taken. Both bring me to the brink of fainting and, on occasion, I have actually lost consciousness. What a wuss.

22. Anything you regret?
The first job I took after graduating was a big mistake, but it is where I met Cave Father so I can't really regret it. Things happen for a reason.

I tag: Clareybabbling, mmmm mama, Honour and Inspiration, That's Not My Monkey. Feel free to ignore the tag of course. You are supposed to change one question and add one.

6 comments:

willow81 said...

Thanks for the tag, CM!
We are taking the Monkey to France on Thursday... we're staying with friends in Toulouse and then having a little road trip to San Sebastian. I can't wait and I'm dreading getting on the scales afterwards... DH is a bit of a gourmet!

Earthenwitch said...

Ah, David Bowie in Labyrinth. You sing a familiar song on that one. :)

In fact, come to think of it, David Bowie in pretty much anything except dodgy 1970s stack platforms and that rather debatable album cover of him in a frock, albeit a very lovely frock.

Cave Mother said...

Earthenwitch - I wonder if you took the opportunity to recreate the "Dance Magic Dance" bit in Labyrinth where he throws the baby up in the air and does some seriously bad dancing in his grey lycra. We certainly did (though not throwing the baby too high).

Amanda said...

Mmmm...Davie Bowie in Labyrinth! My 2-1/2 year old actually knows all the words to the "Dance Magic Dance" song and will perform it on que! But, to be honest, I'm still a little terrified of the Fire Gang.

Cave Mother said...

Amanda, it is so funny that you like that bit of Labyrinth too! My brother and I used to perform the Dance Magic Dance song as a duet, one doing the Bowie bit and one doing the gremlin thingies. I will have to teach it to Cave Baby when she's old enough.

Maternal Tales said...

Like number 17. Number 15 made me take a sharp intake of breath. Come on Cave Mother - you need a few hours out... x